baslinux - Re: [BL] Reflection: BL/Low Ebay Prices.

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Reflection: BL/Low Ebay Prices.
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:48:45 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: t.maiden AT att.net

> I have gotten BL2 and BL3 (as well as Floppix) to work on a "piece
> of junk" Compaq 2200 desktop Windows95 machine. This is important
> to me because I am learning UNIX/Linux at the local Community
> college. I already have this machine, its paid for, and I have
> been out-of-work for over two years. Money is tight so I don't
> want to spend alot on a Windows XP machine when what I have is good
> enuf (for now).

Let me just say that economics aren't the only reason to use BL.

> I am hoping someone can provide me with bootable CD-ROMs of BL2 and
> BL3. I don't have the ability where I am to download and burn ISO
> CDs. Can anyone help?

If you can boot BL, why do you need CD-ROMs? Do you know someone who
could burn an ISO for you? Vijay I believe mentioned earlier that BL
is available on a bootdisk compilation CD. Perhaps you could buy that
from somewhere like cheapbytes?

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com