baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 7.54 - will it work with BL3?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 7.54 - will it work with BL3?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:16:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

[links-hacked]

Can it be used in either CLI or graphical mode like links2?

Yes. The CLI mode is almost exactly the same as the default links
which comes with BL3. The graphical mode is kind of like links2.
Both have Mozilla-like features, such as tabbed browsing, support
for modern HTML and extensions, and the GUI menu looks nicer than
links2 IMO.

How does it compare with elinks?

I haven't used elinks, but I had a look at the screenshots. I'm
just guessing that, since it has a GUI and other features, it's
better.

I noticed a glinks-hacked in DSL - is this the same thing?
There did not seem to be a way to browse without images, which I think is also the case with elinks. Not sure.

Are you compiling it yourself?

Yes. I've compiled it before for glibc2 so it shouldn't be too
hard. It should be ready in the next few days.

What glibc2 does it require and could it be used with BL2, maybe with a library upgrade to glibc2.2.5?

I am curious whether it can access my local bank site www.bankofannarbor.com. Opera 7.23 displays a blank page.
Lynx is slightly better.

David