baslinux - Re: [BL] ppp Not working all the time.

  • From: "rvijay07" <rvijay07 AT myway.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ppp Not working all the time.
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:06:38 -0500 (EST)

OK, as requested here are the detailed steps of everything I did.

1. pppsetup
changed speed to 115200
then changed the ttyS2 to ttyS1
then added the number to dial for my ISP
then added my user name
then my password

then pressed ctrl+XY

Now the screen with the DNS numbers cameup.
I entered the DNS numbers for my ISP (after deleting the DNS numbers present
already).
then pressed ctrl+XY
2. Pressed syslogd
3. pressed cat /var/log/messages
There was a message saying that syslogd had started
4. then pressed ppp-on
It will not even dial my ISP. Just hung there till I pressed ctrl-c
5. I pressed cat /var/log/messages again. No new messages
6. checked ps as adviced. ppp process was not there.
(I had also checked ps soon as I logged in, so there were no other new
processes except syslogd)
7. tried ppp-on again, it hung again the same way.

Vijay

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.