baslinux - Re: [BL] ppp Not working all the time.

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: rvijay07 AT myway.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ppp Not working all the time.
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 18:29:19 -0500

I have had similar issues with the BL combination of pppd
and the 2.2.16 kernel. The best advice I can give is to use
a different kernel and/or pppd.

Regarding the bootable CD issue, I suggest you try the links
to the BL3 iso I made earlier. It should *just work* if you
burn it to a CD. Also, the BL2 iso is available. I haven't
tried that one, but it should be close enough.

Regarding saving your preferences to disk: Try copying your
/etc directory to a hard drive, or, if there's enough room,
to your second floppy. If you know what you're doing, you
could even modify the first floppy image file to save tiny
changes to the floppy.

I checked my Lycos mail account last night and saw 0 new
messages, then I checked it right now (Sunday afternoon)
and was surprised to see 20 new messages. The posts to this
list seem to come in waves. :)

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com