baslinux - Re: [BL] How to use floppy on a x-client with BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: listas AT kuroski.com.br, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to use floppy on a x-client with BL3
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:21:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: listas AT kuroski.com.br

> My problem is: How to use the local units (floppys in the
> x-clients) if the x-client show is the unit (floppy) of the remote
> server? NFS is the only way?

NFS is the simplest way to mount the floppies in the other computers.
(Am I reading your question right?) Samba is a more complex alternative
if you need to access it with a PC running a Microsoft operating system.

> Other question: what to add bl3 to use NFS? I say, to export a
> directory of one computer with BL3 using NFS?
>
> (Which packages of Slackware 4, for example?)

I believe ./n8/tcpip1.tgz is the package you're looking for. (does anyone
know if that's correct?) If you're interested, I think there are some old
postings to the list which cover NFS setup.

David