baslinux - [BL] Trouble installing /w one hard drive

  • From: Termina <termina AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Trouble installing /w one hard drive
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:32:57 -0600

I downloaded (mostly myself off slackware mirrors) the BasicLinux for
Slackware8.1

Since no BOOT was made (for some reason), I type in loadlin zimage
root=/dev/hda1 rw

It loads fine, but I see this message: "Do not touch /dev/hda1"

Sadly, this is my only partition. I have a 81mb (85mb?) hard drive,
which Windows95 is on. It takes up the entire drive.

If I had a CD-rom drive, I'd just my live partition magic CD.

I'd add another hard drive (a 1.2gig HDD i have), but I cannot add
hard drives to this system (when I try, I get a white screen and
beeps). ;-_-

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Computer specs:

486 (50mhz)
8mb RAM
85mb hard drive (detected as 81mb by DOS fdisk)
Only has a floppy drive

--
-Bill Twomey