baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-32 on laptop via serial cable?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-32 on laptop via serial cable?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:35:56 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> > Yes, send compresses, receive decompresses.
> > It makes the transfer faster.
>
> I have been using send and receive to send .tgz
> files and they seem to arrive as .tgz files
> (uncompressed). ?

tgz files are compressed. That's what the z means.

> Where does the original .tgz file go,

The original doesn't go anywhere. It remains on
the local filesystem.

> is it deleted by your receive script?

No. There is no tgz on the remote filesystem.
The data is piped (via netcat) to tar (on the
remote filesystem), which unpacks the package.

> Then I could use links to send .tgz files without
> having to type the name of them?

Yes.

> But if I made the new association then I could
> not use links to view the contents of the file?

I think that's right. However, sometimes in links
I select a file and it gives me a choice of options.
Perhaps it is possible to define two different
associations and then links will offer a choice?

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru