baslinux - Re: [BL] wordprocessor for monodisplay

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordprocessor for monodisplay
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:19:58 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Steven, what is your opinion of siag as compared with Abiword?

We had this discussion 12 months ago:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2003-December/

-> sindi keesan wrote:
->
-> > Has anyone tried Pathetic Writer? Part of SIAG office.
->
-> I have. Twice. Earlier this year (on BL2) and a couple of
-> years ago (an older version on BL1). AbiWord is far superior.

> Have you tried compiling it for libc5? uClibc?

No, it wasn't worth it. The siag wordprocessor (pw) was
less capable than flwriter and it was buggy (perhaps they
have improved it since?).

> Can it be used with mono or 4-bit color?

Don't know. That only became an issue this year
(because of Xvesa). When I experimented with siag,
we were still using standard Xservers.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru