baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-32 on laptop via serial cable?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-32 on laptop via serial cable?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:18:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Send probably compresses the file before sending it.

Yes, send compresses, receive decompresses. It makes
the transfer faster.

I have been using send and receive to send .tgz files and they seem to arrive as .tgz files (uncompressed). ?

question was about $1 - is that the way to write a
script where you fill in the file name instead of $1?

$1 is the first parameter, $2 is the second parameter,
and so on. If you execute the script with parameter(s),
the script can use them.

After the above steps are all taken, do I also end up
with the original .tgz file or just the installed version
of it (the pieces distributed to various directories)?

You should get just the installed version.

Where does the original .tgz file go, is it deleted by your receive script?

How can you send with links? I thought browsers were for
viewing files not sending them.

If you look in ~/.links/links.cfg you will see that
commands can be associated with certain extensions
(for example, pressing right-arrow on a .tgz gives
you the contents). links doesn't care what command
you are associating -- it simple executes it. So,
if you wanted, you could associate .tgz (or whatever)
with a netcat command.

Then I could use links to send .tgz files without having to type the name of them? But if I made the new association then I could not use links to view the contents of the file?