baslinux - Re: [BL] CD-ROM drive in BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD-ROM drive in BL3
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:24:12 +1300

Joel Adria wrote:

> I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with rc.
> There's a section about CD-Rom, but who knows
> what I'm supposed to edit!

In order to use a CDrom with the BL3 kernel, you need
to install three modules. There are two different
ways to do this:

(1) FROM THE COMMAND LINE:

Execute the following (press ENTER at end of each line):
-------------
insmod cdrom
insmod ide-cd
insmod isofs

(2) AUTOMATIC

Remove the # at beginning of each of those lines in /etc/rc
When your system boots again, /etc/rc will automatically
install the three modules (and your CDrom will be mountable).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru