baslinux - Re: [BL] CD-ROM drive in BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD-ROM drive in BL3
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:00:41 +1300

Joel Adria wrote:

> There was a CD in the drive all the time, and I
> seemed to have gotten the right data in fstab.

Then my best guess is that the CDrom modules are
not installed. The BL3 kernel was designed to be
as small as possible, so CDrom capability was left
out. In order to use a CDrom in BL3, you first must
give the kernel that capability:
-------------
insmod cdrom
insmod ide-cd
insmod isofs
If you want your system to do that automatically,
remove the # in front of those lines in /etc/rc
(which is a startup script executed automatically
when your system first comes up).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru