baslinux - [BL] BL3 games

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 games
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:47:11 +0000 (UTC)

I have downloaded the five add-on games.
I have no idea how to play xrunner and xdigger and the manuals seem to assume you are familiar with loderunner and some digger game. Steven, could you include a URL for more detailed instructions for these games?

These and lincity have some keyboard control, though lincity apparently cannot be played without a mouse. Nor can freecell.

It would be more consistent to name the package xlincity.tgz, especially since the program is named xlincity and that is what I eventually typed to start it.

It is hard to remember what was in the instructions when I did pkg.

Lincity mentioned something about typing F1 for help (Win32). This implies there is a Windows version of lincity!

I typed matanza on this computer and was told to connect to port 7993.
I am already set up for ethernet to a BL2 computer, on which I typed

telnet 192.168.1.2 (number of the BL3 computer with matanza)

On the BL2 computer I see a lot of white box characters and punctuation marks and things moving up the screen. Presumably these are asteroids.
Or maybe flames. M A T A N Z A in ASCII art.

Now a Welcome to Matanza.... scrolling across.

This one does not need X or mouse.

Another 4 gallons of stomped grapes awaits us. More games later....