baslinux - Re: [BL] (no subject)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:39:38 +0000 (UTC)

From: Ken Martwick <kenm AT surfbest.net>
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: links2 on BL3
(http://esp-team.scene.hu)

It sounds like you are running this in non-graphical mode. You would need to set it up in Setup to work with a viewer such as xli (in X - BL3 comes with it) or seejpeg (in console mode - has some dependencies as well). Easier to use it as links2 -g in X, which is graphical mode. The screen resolution is the same as your X resolution. Then you won't see any [spacer.gif] unless you set it not to show images.

> > Hi,
The links2 browser works great on BL3! It is very fast and the image
quality is quite acceptable. It is sometimes a bit hard to choose
the right image if the page has numerous "spacers". One slight problem
that I have seen is that stepping back a page takes one to the top of
the previous page, necessitating scrolling down to get back where one
had been. I don't recall this behavior in other graphical versions of
links. Still, the overall performance is excellent; what viewer is
used, Steven?
Ken Martwick