baslinux - RE: [BL] question about installpkg

  • From: Shawn Jones <pkicthus AT aol.com>
  • To: BasicLinux <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [BL] question about installpkg
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:41:00 -0500

Guys, I am not by any means a genius about these things but I have had a similar problem with Slackware packages. You can try two things to fix this problem:
1. rename the package to file.tar.gz and then try installpkg
or..
2. decompress the file locally on your BL system and recompress the file into file.tgz or file.tar.gz (something about downloading tgz files on Window$ causes a problem)
Hope one of these works for you like it did for me.

Shawn Jones