baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 floppy Xvesa not working

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 floppy Xvesa not working
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:58:11 +0000

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> But in Xsetup pressing Enter still does not start X.
> Did I misunderstand the instructions?

Xsetup was not designed to be executed directly. It is
normally called by startx (which starts X when your press
ENTER).

> Is 12MB of it already in use by BL3 floppy?

The floppy version of BL3 creates two ramdisks (one for X
and one for everything else). The rest of the 12mb is used
as working memory.

> Could I load a large program by splitting it into 2 or
> more 1.44MB files?

Or bring the program in via network. For a large program
you would need to create (and mount) another ramdisk. Or,
if you have access to the HD, you could run it from there.