baslinux - [BL] mounting BL3

  • From: nyair24 <nyair24 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mounting BL3
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded BasicLinux 3.21 to put some old PC's I had lying around the house to work.  I am a completely newbie to Linux however, and I've ran into some problems.  I have got BL3 on floppies and it is booting up fine in that manner, but I want to be able to install it to the hard disk of my old PC (Compaq Prosignia 300 Server).  The server has a DOS partition and is currently formatted with a FAT32 file system.  I would like to get rid of this and format it in EXT2 so that I can then mount BL3.  I read the readme and I know that I have to do something with fdisk and mke2fs, but beyond that I have no idea where to go, what to type, etc.  If anybody could give me a small walk-through on how to do this, I'd be very appreciative.  Thanks in advance.

Mets

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [BL] mounting BL3, nyair24, 07/24/2004