baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 sees same RAM as DOS

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 sees same RAM as DOS
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:15:02 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:34:45 -0400 (EDT)
Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:

> I just looked this up and mem= was specifically intended for the above use
> (DOS recognizes only 64MB, linux uses more). I will check if my linux
> computer with 82MB is recognizing it all and add mem=82M if not.
>
> You are now all set for fast compiling on that computer.

So it seems. But it is a Duron 600 MHz anyway, so I don't know
how much faster it will seem to run.

On another topic:
There is a new Linux version of F-Prot available. (Anti-Virus).
It is available as a .tar.gz package as well as RedHat and Debian.
This was much easier to install than the previous one. It is a statically
compiled executable, and runs very well in BL2.

Regards,
Ron
--
Ron Clarke