baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail file format

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail file format
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:00:39

On 18 Jul 04 at 21:20, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

>I found a compiled binary of mailfilter. Unfortunately it does not
>seem to support more sophisticated regular expressions. So I can
>catch only about 10% of spam. 90% will be downloaded - so I would
>like to sort them out immeadiately after downloading.

Today I happened to find out that mailfilter does support even the
extended regular expressions. I made a mistake with the syntax of the
symbols {m,n}. Obviously, however, different versions of sed, grep,
awk (and mailfilter) have slight differences in the syntax of
extended regular expressions. Sometimes it is possible to force
compatibility through command line options of those programs.

Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov