baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail file format

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail file format
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:23:19 -0400 (EDT)

> A completely different question: Does anybody know, where to get
> cyrillic download fonts for matrix printers EPSOM LQ-570, 870 etc.?
> I am able to write drivers for my word processor, I just need the
> fonts.
>
> Christof

I used to use Turbofonts, from Madison Wisconsin, which worked with my
Hercules Plus card (displayed on TTL) and printed to dot-matrix. We just
found the box. It also works with EGA (or VGA) and prints on Epson 1500,
2500, 850, 500 etc. (Or various other things such as laserjet and Star
Gemini 10, which I had). If they are out of business I could attempt to
get you a copy of what I have. This was in DOS. Printed in text mode,
downloaded fonts.

The Wordperfect 4.2 version is what I have. Four 360K disks. I don't
know how much of it is just for the printer and how much for screen fonts.

You could also see if Simtel has something similar as shareware for DOS.

Would this DOS program download printer fonts that you could then use in
linux?

I remember also designing my own characters for the SG 10, in particular a
lambda. It took a lot of fiddling to get it looking right on a 9-pin
printer. Now that I email everything instead of needing to print and
mail it I don't use Turbofonts any more. (It is the problem of the
recipient to print it correctly).