baslinux - [BL] scsi troubles

  • From: "Richard Shaw" <shawrichard AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] scsi troubles
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:34:42 +0000

I've download the DOS version of BasicLinux 3.21

My 486 has a Future Domain TMC-8XX/TMC-950 SCSI drive controller,
and a seagate drive so I need to use the seagate kernel with loadlin.

(I found this out through reading the slackware kernel docs, and using loadin with the big scsi kernal, which reports the TMC-8XX/TMC-950)

So the normal boot.bat is:

loadlin zimage root=/dev/loop0 initrd=initfs.gz rw

so now I have

loadlin bzimage max_scsi_luns=0 root=/dev/loop0 initrd=initfs.gz rw

If I don't use max_scsi_luns it will try to reset the scsi forever and never move on.

Durying loading I see the display of the IRQ and base address and it bringing up the TMC-8XX/TMC-950 details on screen.

I don't see any mention of sd1a or anything like that on the screen.

And then /baslin/fs.img not found on mount /dev/hda1

OK, at this point it seems to be asking me for the mount point and I can enter /dev/sda1 ..sdd4
and then it will try using the mount poiunt I've set and fail with the /baslin/fs,img not found on /mount /dev/sda1 or whatever I entered.

What am I doing wrong, am I setting up loadlin incorrectly or should I be replacing initfs.gz with some other file from slackware 7.1

Thankyou in advance for your replies.

Richard Shaw
shawrichard AT hotmail.com

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/