baslinux - Re: [BL] Various BL2 on HD Issues

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Various BL2 on HD Issues
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:28:44 +1200

NoImAFungi AT aol.com wrote:

> 1. How do I switch the colors on?

---------------------
alias ls='ls --color'
---------------------
You can type that at the commandline, or add it to the
other aliases in ~/.profile

> 2. Is their a recommended bootloader or method I could
> use instead of the floppy?

Booting from DOS is the simplest method. Can you put a
bootable DOS on your HD? If not, what do you currently
have on the first partition of your HD.

It is also possible to use lilo (but it is more complicated).

> 3. How do I config X,

You can use xf86config, but it is not very user friendly.
I suggest you use XF86Setup. For that you need to install
two packages: xset.tgz and xvg16.tgz (both are in the x1
directory).

> and why doesn't it work?

What exactly did you install? What exactly happened when you
executed startx? Please include any messages you received.