baslinux - Re: [BL] Various BL2 on HD Issues

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Various BL2 on HD Issues
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:08:05 -0400 (EDT)

The color coding also disappears when I install to HD, that seems to be
intended, not a bug. Steven, what file controls this?

How did you install X-Windows, using Steven's bl2-x.tgz file? He has a
list of files to installpkg in order to use X in plainVGA mode, and the
bl2-x one should be installed LAST in order for icewm to work. If you
used some configuration program instead, or installed XSVGA or some other
X server and ran it after bl2-x in order to get more colors and
resolution, try running it again and answering no to questions about
clocks. xf86config is in one of the recommended packages. You have to
know what video chip you have in the computer, then go through the item in
the configuration program about which card/chip you have, and it will tell
you whether to probe for clocks (not that I know what that means but for
all my chips it said not to probe). There might also be some way to edit
XF86Config in /etc directly to fix your problem. What X server did you
use?