baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 in 3M with links and viewer

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 in 3M with links and viewer
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:38:19 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I have a Slackware 3.2 CD. I forgot how to mount it in BL2.
> First I did
> insmod cdrom
> insmod ide-cd

Those insmods are unnecessary in BL2 (which has CDrom
capability already built into the kernel). It is BL3
which needs CDrom insmods.

> Then
> mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdc /cd

This works for me: mount /dev/hdc /cd

> (I first did mkdir /cd)
> It complains about a device not existing. Where did I goof?

Are you sure your CDrom drive registers on /dev/hdc ?
dmesg | grep hdc

> How would one make a linux package in BL3, where there is
> no makepkg? Can it be done just using tar, if the package
> just consists of three files and no script to make symlinks?

Yes. Do your tar from the top directory and use the full path
name to each file you want to put in the package.

> I tried tar -cxvf *

The -x is wrong. It means extract.