baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 in 3M with links and viewer

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 in 3M with links and viewer
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:19:46 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Are the instructions for these insmods somewhere in BL3 itself?

All of those insmods are specified in /etc/rc

> Please explain how to use the live filesystem via chroot.

---------------------------
mount /dev/hdc /mnt
cd /mnt/live
chroot /mnt/live /bin/bash
You are then running in Slackware 3.2

> Can you run SW3.2 programs in BL2, or did you maybe mean BL3?

It doesn't make any different which BL you use. Once you do
the chroot, you are running inside the Slackware 3.2 filesystem.
The only thing you inherit from BL is the kernel.

I urge you to try it. chroot-ing to the live CD is an interesting
experience.