baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 reports

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 reports
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:48:06 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> I looked into the ftp client a bit and it looks alot
> more difficult than I had hoped. ncftp is included
> in Slack 4.0,

Doesn't it have the ordinary ftp client?

> but it's missing a dependency and won't run on BL3.

Which dependency?

> tftp really looks like the right candidate (very minimal),

Too minimal. We had tftp in BL2 and nobody ever got it to
do anything useful. It needs a special server, I think.

> If it's the right client for BL3, it looks like we
> may have to specially compile it.

I suggest you try the ftp in BL1. It has no dependencies.
Just boot the BL1 ramdisk and copy /bin/ftp to floppy (or
to your DOS partition).