baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 reports

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 reports
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

Can you run links from the rxvt? You can modify the rxvt in the swm menu
(menu.sh?) by adding something like +sb to remove the scrollbar. (It is
there by default in rxvt, I think, but not in xterm, where -sb adds it).

man rxvt

You can set the rxvt to be full-screen by adjusting the parameters (number
of columns and rows, text size). It takes some experimenting. I think I
already figured out full-screen and can look it up later. You need to
choose some font that is small enough to fit more than 80 columns in a
full screen then vary the number of columns until you reach the maximum
number that fit at that size.

Lynx is set to work properly in 80 columns and automatically wrap text
(but makes sort of a mess of tables for that reason). I posted the lynx from
SW41 with a needed dependency or two for BL3 (extracted from a larger
package) at my website as a .tgz. I think it is set to work with xli in
lynx.cfg.