baslinux - [BL] keyboard doesn`t work properly connected to SunOS 5.6

  • From: "Marcus Mundt" <Marcus.Mundt AT forsa.de>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] keyboard doesn`t work properly connected to SunOS 5.6
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:03:34 +0200

I want to connect several clients to a SunOS 5.6 server via Telnet.

First i got this message from the Sun-server:
"no termcap enty for linux"
I found out that I can set the TERM variable to "vt100", then the message
disappeared =).

But the keyboard doesn`t act properly.

At first during login on the machine:
vovel mutations (at this stage unnecessary) und backspace are working. Only
DEL results in "^[[3~".

Second:
After login (and executing profile und washlogin - content of these files is
foreign yet) backspace results in "^?".

What files can influence the keyboard behavior except termcap/terminfo or
are there only the two files???
A small hint could be enough =)

Thanks for your help,
Marcus