baslinux - AW: [BL] keyboard doesn`t work properly connected to SunOS 5.6

  • From: "Marcus Mundt" <Marcus.Mundt AT forsa.de>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AW: [BL] keyboard doesn`t work properly connected to SunOS 5.6
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:19:06 +0200

As I said, I found out that the TERM-variable can be set.
I wrote: "TERM=vt100" into my rc.
Before telnet is started I let the system show me the variable:
"echo $TERM" results in the set value, e. g. "vt100".
The Sun server also displays the correct terminal.

But when I type "echo $TERM" after the telnet connection, it shows again
"linux".
Any idea why it is the way it is =).

I think I have to do all the configuration on the server side. Am I right???

best wiches,
marcus