baslinux - Re: [BL] yahoo chat client with chat room support for BL2

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] yahoo chat client with chat room support for BL2
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:05:49 -0500 (CDT)

You might look at naim. It's really light, and worked fine for me even on
BL2 ramdisk. However I think its support for the Yahoo chat protocol is
still experimental: I'm not sure how well it works, having never tried the
Yahoo network with it (I used it for AIM and ICQ). Likewise about any
chatroom feature for Yahoo. I'd say look at the naim site, see if it
seems like it might support what you need and try it if it does. There is
a Slack package there for download. If it doesn't work for you maybe look
at centericq: it supports quite a few chat protocols, but also has alot of
dependencies too. Freehoo is another possibility, though I know almost
nothing about it, other than that it is a console chat client that's
supposed to support the Yahoo protocol.

James