baslinux - Re: [BL] ethernet problem

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ethernet problem
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:19:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I could not find this module for 2.2.16 anywhere else but I did find
> someone in a SuSE discussion group complaining about unresolved symbols.
> Someone advised them to recompile a different way and it worked. So I
> need to learn to compile a kernel module. Would anyone on this list like
> to help?

The only experience I have in compiling kernel modules has been as part of
compiling the kernel itself. And I haven't done much of that. At a
certain point during a kernel compile, you issue something like
make_modules, which creates the modules for the kernel you're compiling.
Never done it, or heard of it done (not that it necessarily sounds
unreasonable or anything) separately.

James