baslinux - Re: [BL] ethernet problem

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ethernet problem
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:16:15 -0400 (EDT)

The dialing problem may not be related to the ethernet card. With the two
cards switched, it dialed on the first try, had problems next two times,
then dialed and connected again okay. This is the computer where I set
S32=34 and S15=128 to disable X2 and V42bis and use just V90.

But there is a problem in loading the module, which was compiled by
someone who then posted it (along with rtl8139 and tulip) for kernel
2.2.16.
Using winbond-840.o
insmod: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
insmod: unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

Is this simply a badly compiled module? I will try to find another one
instead.