baslinux - [BL] Newb questions

  • From: "Carl Donnelly" <cjinhell AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Newb questions
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 20:09:20 +0000

Hey, I have two problems, can anybody help me please?

1) Is there any zip program that can span a few diskettes and still be read by linux?

2) How do I make BasicLinux boot as soon as I turn on my computer. I tried putting it on one drive (c: - 4GB) with all the packages required for installation and when I reset my computer it said "Missing operating system". I reinstalled MSDOS, made a partition for linux and installed it. How do i make Linux have all that DOS space I'm not going to use but still boot from c:?

thanks