baslinux - Re: [BL] Magicpoint application

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Magicpoint application
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 22:31:15

On 29 May 04 at 10:15, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

>BTW, BL3 includes just one scaleable font for magicpoint to use:
>-bitstream-charter-bold-r (c0632bt_.pfb). It works fine but the
>letters are a little jagged. For my own presentations, I use a
>more solid font: -b&h-LuxiSans-bold-r (l048016t.pfa). Let me
>know if you would like me to put it in the BL3 add-ons.
>
>I put the charter font in BL3 instead of the LuxiSans because
>the charter font file is less than half the size of the LuxiSans.

Hi Steven,

fonts in an add-on would be interesting, sure. But as you might guess
I am mainly interested in ISO-8859-2. I had no time, yet, to check
internationalization issues on BL3.

When I ran the mgp binary from BL3 on my BL1 machine, it probably
already fetched some more sophisticated fonts without any
difficulties (I did not install XVesa, there).

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov