baslinux - Re: [BL] Magicpoint application

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Magicpoint application
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:15:19 +1200

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> thank you for incorporating Magic point to BL3.21.
> It is really a nice toy to play with.

I'm using it right now to prepare a presentation to my
city council next week.

> I tried MagicPoint with some recent samples from the mgp
> website and within my old BL1 install (with X ver. 3.3.2).
> Everything worked fine except the %area tag.

I don't know that tag. It must be from a later version of
magicpoint.

> I wonder whether it is necessary, you probably have omitted
> it in order to strip down the binary?

BL3 has version 1.07a of mgp (which is significantly smaller
than the current version). I did try compiling the current
version for libc5 but it failed.

BTW, BL3 includes just one scaleable font for magicpoint to use:
-bitstream-charter-bold-r (c0632bt_.pfb). It works fine but the
letters are a little jagged. For my own presentations, I use a
more solid font: -b&h-LuxiSans-bold-r (l048016t.pfa). Let me
know if you would like me to put it in the BL3 add-ons.

I put the charter font in BL3 instead of the LuxiSans because
the charter font file is less than half the size of the LuxiSans.