baslinux - Re: [BL] Setting up a DHCP-Server

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Setting up a DHCP-Server
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 09:19:13 +1200

Jens Burmeister wrote:

> I'm running BL3_21
> - a 486DX with 48 MB RAM
> - a 486DX with 32 MB RAM
> My intension is to add step by step more functionality to
> my mini-system just in the sense of 'minimalistic configurations'.

If you are interested in adding functionality, it will be
easier to use BL2 as your foundation. BL2 was designed for
simple expansion using Slackware 7.1 BL3 is designed to
be very small, so it uses an old small library (and may be
changing to an even smaller library in the future).

It is possible to add things to BL3. There are a few add-on
packages at the BL3 site and I am gradually adding more. You
can also try adding packages from Slackware 3 or 4 (which use
the same old library as BL3).

> I found one in Slackware 7.1 called tcpip2.tgz. Installing
> the package causes no problems. But starting the dhcpd-binary
> failed with the error message: -sh: dhcpd: not found

Slackware 7.1 uses a different library. If you want to use
packages from Slackware 7.1, you need to install the library
package from Slackware 7.1 (glibcso.tgz). You will find it
in /slakware/a6