baslinux - [BL] Re: installing Basic Linux 3

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celisdelafuente AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: installing Basic Linux 3
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:26:37 -0500

Have you readed the README.TXT file included within the bl3-21fd.zip
file?

Installing BasicLinux to harddisk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>From inside BL3, use fdisk and mke2fs to create a Linux partition on
your harddisk. Mount that partition at /hd and execute install-to-hd.

If in your HDD Windows 95 uses the whole 850MB then you must make some
space for BL before you try to install BL into HDD.

I have succesfuly installed BL3 on a P1 machine a few weeks ago with no
problem from the floppy version of BL3. I didn't try to install more
software than the included with BL3 because the PC where I have tested
the hdd install of BL3 is the Internet gateway for my home LAN, but
other in this list can help you if you need to install more software.

Saludos, Ernesto

  • [BL] Re: installing Basic Linux 3, Ernesto Celis, 05/28/2004