baslinux - [BL] X applications on MSWindows?

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] X applications on MSWindows?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:31:55 +0000 (UTC)

Ok, I've got my systems setup, but only enough room on my table for one
monitor to go along with my Windows/Linux machines. My modem is a winmodem
so I have to surf the net through ICS on my windows machine as opposed to
pure Linux surfing. My question, is it possible to either run X itself
virtually on my Windows machine (with all the processes running off the
linux box), or to do a form of remote view setup where I can just open a
window on my win machine that linux will see for all intents and purposes
as being a regular console that can be used for running X itself on (as
opposed to having to telnet into linux to perform any fuctions). If it
helps, the windows machine is win98, and BL2.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org