baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.4.26 Kernel released

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.4.26 Kernel released
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

> > Would it be possible for someone to compile a version
> > of the newest 2.4.26 kernel for their BL system
>
> Sure. But, you'd have to change the modules (in /lib/modules)
> to match the kernel.
>
> > without any problems?
>
> Start with the config for the BL2 kernel. If you need an
> additional capability, you can add that to the config, but
> don't do anything you don't understand.

Would compiling a newer kernel require using newer linux-headers
(linuxinc) than what comes with SW71, which is for kernel 2.2.16?
And/or a newer glibc?

> > Just generating some low level traffic for the list, seems
> > to have gotten quite last few days (maybe everyone's systems
> > are working perfectly with no problems....
>
> Or maybe they have been waiting for version 3.10 ?

I have not been playing with linux because I have a large translation to
keep me busy for another week, but I did run across mention that
Wordperfect 4.2 had been ported to UNIX long ago. If I could get hold of
this port, would it work with linux? The free WP for download is gui-only
but there was mention at one site of a CLI version being included with the
paid version (of which there seem to be a few copies still for sale).

Wish I had the time to download and try BL3-10 but I will follow the
discussion about it.