baslinux - [BL] X-Added!

  • From: "David Lane" <Jaypooh3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] X-Added!
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:45:03 -0400

Well done folks,I have X up and running!Thanks to all of you who helped.The
only glitch was when X started it detected a duplicate font/and or font
directory and eliminated it.Can you beat that?It now loads smoothly.I will
add a few apps but know that due to limited ram (8MB) and swap-file space
(16MB) there is a practical limit to what can be run.I really would like to
find the freecell app that was displayed on the web-page but it seems to now
be a dead link.
I next plan to configure for my video card and monitor as the default is
usable but my monitor and card will do much better.I've used a smaller
monitor all along (IBM) because of inherent limitations of the card and
config file so the 640x480 hasn't been an issue.I will prob try a larger one
at some point (just to learn how) but the test-bed nature of this computer
means nothing is permanent.When I know linux a little better,I'll put it on
a little better machine but for now I'm very happy.
Thanks again all,
David Lane
BTW,where is the icewm file that was hoted for this,any ideas?