baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:48:53 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> I did manage to pick up an old 10base2 PCMCIA NIC about
> a year ago WITH dongle for $5. I'd be happy to send it
> off to you if shipping is reasonable:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty sure I can get something
here (eventually) for less than it will cost to ship yours to
the bottom of the world. The 10Mbps cards sell for only a
few dollars, but they don't come up very often. I'll just
have to be patient.

> I'm assuming your network has the necessary coax elements?

Yeah, I've got all the bits & pieces for a coax network
(although I'm using a UTP crossover cable at the moment to
connect to the built-in NIC in this computer).