baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:45:20 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> BL3 has no PCMCIA functionality yet, and it's not
> clear when that will be implemented.

As soon as I can set up PCMCIA networking myself. I have
been trying to buy a cheap PCMCIA network card and I finally
got one three days ago. However, I discovered that the card
needs a ?dongle? to work and it didn't have one. Back to
square one.

> I've added PCMCIA to BL2 and gotten networking going that way
> (by installing the pcmcia.tgz

The pcmcia.tgz package from Slackware 4 will probably work
(BL3 even has the pkg command to install it). Users keen to
get PCMCIA going are welcome to try it and report back here.
If you make a backup copy of your fs.img, you can easily go
back if things get messy.