baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:44:34 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Gui wrote:

> I have an old pentium 75 with 64Mb memory note-book with a Kingston pcmcia
> net
> card I want to connect note-book to my pc with knoppix. I've yesterday
> downloaded BL-3,I've tried differents alternatives of netsetup file but
> nothing happens, I've downloaded slackware's 7.1 pcmcia.tgz but...really I
> don't know what to do with all that stuff How to connect the two pc? How to
> 'install' pcmcia net-card?...
> Thanks (of course I'm a very 'green' linux user with few experience...if my
> question is already answered...where can I read old posts?)

BL3 has no PCMCIA functionality yet, and it's not clear when that will be
implemented. I don't think there's any sort of routine to do it simply -
we'll have to wait for the developer to get that part of the project
rolling. That said, I've added PCMCIA to BL2 and gotten networking going
that way (by installing the pcmcia.tgz you've mentioned - among other
system tweaks). It's a bit of a challenge, but can be done with proper
guidance. You could look through the BL list archive from about a year
ago to see some exchanges I had with Steven and other list members in my
attempts to get PCMCIA working under BL2.

James