baslinux - Re: [BL] XWindows setup

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] XWindows setup
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:14:58

On 12 Mar 04 at 20:45, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:keesan AT iamjlamb.com
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

>> shell=c:\$dos\bin\loadlin.exe c:\baslin\zimage
>> root=/dev/loop0 initrd=c:\baslin\initfs.gz rw

>Do I need to put loadlin.exe in a directory called c:\$dos\bin ?

no

>Or could I rewrite it for the actual location of loadlin.exe such as
>shell=c:\baslin\loadlin.exe ?

yes

>How would I go about adding another menu item for [BL2], which is, for
>instance, in c:\bl2? I want to be able to boot the HD version directly
>instead of first booting DOS.

You can add as many boot options as you like. If you are running
MS-DOS you can find detailed information with the command 'help'.

>My partner asks how is this different from a boot manager? Does it boot you
>partway into DOS and then switch to linux? I presume the purpose of this is
>to be able to boot linux without autoexec.bat and config.sys, not to save
>time booting.

I am not sure whether there are possibly parts of the memory that
linux cannot erase.

Christof Lange

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov