baslinux - [BL] size of BL3 file system

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] size of BL3 file system
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:41:17

On 10 Mar 04 at 16:48, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

>Yes. It holds the BL3 filesystem (plus 10mb free for add-ons).
>
>> Should it be that big?
>
>Good question. I could make fs.img as small as 5mb (no room
>for add-ons) or much, much bigger. I choose 15mb because
>that leaves enough free space for Netscape 3.04 and a few
>other bits & pieces. If users would prefer more/less space
>on the filesystem, I would welcome their suggestions.
>
>Cheers,
>Steven

Well, Steven, I have probably become too much used to the fact that
in Linux everything is configurable. And as a matter of fact I have
almost given up to use Netscape 3.04, instead I reboot a different
machine for Firebird/Phoenix. And as the Javascript disease is
spreading continuously, this has become the main reason for me why to
use Linux.

What I certainly would not like is that BL occupies a large part of
my hard disk, while I do not know, if I will need it. But I would also
like to run the Firbird browser under BL3 -

1. Is there a way to define size during installation?

2. Is there a way to unpack Firbird (10 MB download) with glibc
into the BL3 file system?

Regards
Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov