baslinux - [BL] BL 3.01

  • From: sheldonisaac AT myrealbox.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL 3.01
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:14:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Have booted 3.01 from c:/baslin (On this computer, MS-DOS and Windows98 are
on
the first primary partition, DOS/Windows "C:")

Did mount /dev/hdb3 /hd and then
copied /var/eznet/eznet.conf and /etc/resolv.conf
from my existing BL2 installation on /dev/hdb3

Then did pppsetup,
and saw that the copied ones had replaced what came with BL3

Then did ppp-on It worked on the second try.

Then I did links, browsed to the BasicLinux archives,
and to the link for leaving a message

I will try some experiments, but so far don't understand much.
Why does it matter where "DOS" is?
Someone please explain this stuff in simple language?

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac