baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:32:54 -0500 (EST)

I have downloaded slackware 3.5 /n4/ppp.tgz which puts both pppd-2.2 and
pppd-2.3 in /usr/sbin. Do I need to make a symlink pppd pointing to the
one of these that matches the kernel I am using, or, as in the case of the
modules, will the program choose the correct pppd for the kernel?

This relates to using the BL1 (glibc5) libraries with the BL2 (2.2.16)
kernel, which won't work with the older pppd that comes with BL1, or with
the SW3.x ppp.o and slhc.o modules. I am trying to test whether lynx
compiled statically (no library dependencies) will work with the older
library. It does not seem to work with the older kernel (accesses only
local html pages).