baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:40:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Ken Martwick wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote (in part):
>

> > Naybe in the meantime someone else can confirm that lynx which I compiled
> > loads but accesses only local html in BL1 with the original kernel.
> >

> My tests resuulted in that lynx program loading and exiting immediately on
> a BL1 system, regardless of what kernel was used. I did not specifically
> try to access local html.

Did you also copy lynx.cfg to /usr/lib/ or just download lynx executable?
I first posted just the executable and then later the complete .tgz
package.

Lynx-ssl,tgz (at James' site?) is 2.8.4, non-static, no documentation of
any sort, just lynx and lynx.cfg. You can run lynx that way but lynx.lss
lets you change colors, and cert.pem (for 2.8.5) avoids the need to
approve secure site certificates individually.

I will try another pppd (the newer version for the older SW) to get online
with BL2 kernel and BL1 libraries....