baslinux - [BL] Internet problems

  • From: Ken Martwick <kenm AT efn.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Internet problems
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:34:09 -0800 (PST)

I have recently changed ISPs and lost use of a shell account for email
at almost the same time. With the new ISP, web access is not predictable;
most of the URL's in the BasicLinux hotlist can be reached, but many
others cannot. Attempting to use the mail program gives me a "No num-
erical IP address associated with pop.efn.org. This seems to be a DNS
lookup problem, but Slackware 8.1 works well on my PC, but not on the
one my wife is using. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Ken Martwick