baslinux - Re: AW: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: AW: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:37:35 -0500

On 5 Feb 2004 at 10:05, Flaig, Benno wrote:or the file.

> here it is: http://www.flaig-net.de/infra/bl2.10-2880.zip
>
> the zipped file is 2.2MB.
> and contains a 2.88MB (2949120 Bytes) floppy disk image.
>
> This image is to be burned into the boot area of a Bootable CD using the
> "Eltorito" standard floppy disk emulation. The main CD file system is not
> used and can be loaded with any custom type of data.

I blundered through the Windows program BurnAtOnce
( http://www.burnatonce.com ) several times, and eventually have a CD-RW
which boots RAMdisk BasicLinux. Thanks very much. Can I now burn
additional files to that disc?

Windows explorer shows a file on the CD, bl2.10-2880.img, 2880 Kb,
properties shows 2,949,120 bytes.

Maybe I made a mistake? The burning program said it burned 6 Mb.
Perhaps the bootable image was burned, but also was put additionally as a
regular file?

If anyone is familiar with BurnAtOnce , perhaps you can help me do it
correctly.

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac