baslinux - Re: [BL] WORD 5.5 for DOS

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] WORD 5.5 for DOS
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:19:20 -0500 (EST)

I had already tried moving all the *.pr$ files to \print1 when it could
not find the one it needed.

I finally got this to work for the standard printer driver which comes as
ttyff.pr$. The program said it was looking for
\print1\ttyff.* and when I put it in print1\ it worked and generated
ttyff.prd.

There was also the option to specify the actual path where the file was
located. (I did not try doing this).

But I am trying to install Epson LQ2500. It cannot find \print1\lq2500.*
and what I have is Epsonlq1.pr$, Epsonlq2.pr$ etc. I am thinking of
renaming these to Epson LQ2500.pr$ but I don't know which one to rename.
The LQ1500 would probably also work, or the 500 or 850. I don't have the
actual printer here to test my guesses on, it is a friend's printer.
I might just try lq1 and if it does not work, try emailing her a
succession of others (but she is terrible at dealing with email
attachments).

If she prints only plain text, perhaps standard printer would be adequate.